Monday, December 18, 2006

Sneaked Up on Me Again This Year...

So Christmas is fast approaching & am I ready? Of course not!!! Every year is the same. I start planning in Nov & never get anything done until the week before. I don't even have all my Christmas cards written. Though, in my defense, I do have a lot of Christmas cards to write (48 to be precise). and I copt out a bit this year & sent e-cards to about another 20, mostly to avoid the hassle of tracking down addresses. So I don't feel too bad about the cards, I have about half of them sent, (pat on the back). I've got to edit that card list next year, really I do, it just keeps getting bigger. Pretty soon I'll be all year just writing cards. As for gifts, it'll be January before anyone at home gets my gifts because I don't even have them in the mail yet. And that's a shame because a few of them are kinda seasonal. So mom's not going to get to use her Santa plates until next year. Not to worry, she'll understand, where do you think I got my procrastinating ways.

Someday, I'll get it all together. Everyone will get their cards the first week of December & their gifts will all arrive a few days before Christmas, so they can settle in under the tree & the kids can all take their turn shaking them, trying to guess what could be hidden inside. I don't stress about it. The people who know me know that this is how it is.

But one year, maybe soon, I'll surprise them. Most likely it'll just be the one time & none of them should expect it to continue because it more then likely was a total fluke. But just once would be enough for me.

Maybe next year, of course I said that this year, & last year & the year before....